English Language Requirement
All courses are conducted and assessed in English, therefore we require all students to have an ability to understand and speak basic English. An inability to pass the assessments in English will result in a ‘not achieved’ result and the student will not receive a certificate of completion or the Unit Standards.
Learning Difficulties and Physical Requirements
Please contact our friendly team prior to the course commencement date if you believe you may have any learning difficulties, disabilities, injuries or illnesses which may affect your ability to complete assessments.
In order to receive an ‘achieved’ mark for certification, you will need to have been present for all lessons and satisfactorily completed your assessments. If you are late more than 15 minutes, the Trainer may refuse entry as you will have missed part of the course. If this occurs, you will not be issued a refund, but may be rescheduled to another course at our discretion.
We recommend arriving 10 minutes prior to the start of class to meet the trainer, grab a hot drink and meet the other participants.
All assessments are conducted by PracMed NZ Training Solutions Ltd (PracMed NZ) registered Trainers. If you are unable to complete all modules or assessments of the course, you may be permitted to resit the course within 3 months, which may attract fees for new course enrolment. Only two attempts at assessments are permitted.
What To Expect On The Day
Meals and Breaks
Lunch is not provided in our courses. Although most of our public venues are close to cafes, we recommend checking to see how far away or bringing your own food as the course will start promptly after the break. Lateness back from a break may cause a ‘not achieved’ result.
We offer complimentary tea and coffee for you to enjoy throughout the course.
You will be required to move around freely to participate in the practical assessments, so comfortable clothing is recommended. Closed in shoes are required. It is also recommended to bring a light jacket.
For classes covering bleeding control, we recommend wearing dark clothing. While our fake blood is water-soluble, it is better to be safe than sorry.
What to Bring
We supply all the training materials you will need for the day.
PracMed NZ Course Rules
- PracMed NZ has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy
- No smoking
- Mobile phones may not be used during class time
- When fair and reasonable, Trainers may ask disruptive participants to leave the course after giving the student a chance to put their views forward. The Trainer may offer the student an opportunity to complete the course with another Trainer at PracMed NZs discretion.
- Children are not permitted inside the classrooms and we do not provide creche or child minding.
Complaints and Compliments
After the course, you will receive a feedback form to the email address you have provided which allows you to make a confidential complaint or compliment.
Alternatively, if you have a complaint about the Trainer, course, assessment or venue, please discuss it with the Trainer, who may escalate the issue if they cannot come to a satisfactory outcome.
If you do not wish to speak with your Trainer about the complaint, you can write a written complaint to:
PracMed NZ Operations Manager
PO Box 167
Bay of Plenty, 3153
or email us at:
Payments, Changes & Refunds.
PracMed NZ do not offer refunds once bookings have been confirmed and completed.
- You can move your course to a different location or date up to five days before the course start date with no penalty, you will be transferred to the course they have requested if space allows.
- You can move your course to a different location or date up to 24 hours before the start date, however this may incur an admin charge.
- Changes are not permitted within 24 hours of the course date. Full fees will be payable if a rebooking is made.
- Student cancellations, non-attendance and no-shows will not incur a refund. Full fees will be payable if a rebooking is made.
- Courses must start on time. If you are late beyond the first 15 minutes of the course, you will not be permitted to attend. No refunds will be provided, however PracMed NZ may agree to rescheduling at our discretion.
- The price advertised at the time of order confirmation is guaranteed.
- PracMed NZ is not obligated to honour differences in pricing for incomplete, declined or transactions otherwise not confirmed where pricing varies from the current advertised price advertised on our website.
- Payment is required at time of booking. If a student has not paid for their course prior to the course start date, attendance will not be permitted.
- PracMed NZ reserves the right to cancel courses at our sole discretion.
- Courses which do not meet the minimum requirement of participants to be viable will be moved to a different date up to 7 days before the course is due to commence.
- All reasonable steps will be taken to notify all students about the cancellation as soon as possible.
- PracMed NZ will not be liable for any costs incurred due to cancellations.
- PracMed NZ will take all reasonable actions to ensure course bookings will be transferred to another date agreeable to the student and/or client, refunds may be provided if the new date is not agreeable with the student. .
Privacy, data collection and confidentiality
PracMed NZ is required by law to collect and store personal data including (but not limited to) enrolment information and assessment details in line with the Privacy Act and registration requirements.
Any personal stories or anecdotes shared by the Trainer or other students are expected to be treated with confidentiality and respect conducive to a positive, comfortable learning environment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
By enrolling in this course, I consent for PracMed NZ to:
- Disclose my information to relevant Government and Independent agencies such as Inland Revenue, Accident Compensation Corporation, WorkSafe NZ, NZ Police, NZ Qualifications Authority, Ministry of Social Development and the Department of Justice
- Send me electronic messages in relation to goods and services that are available.
- Utilise material collected during this course, including photographs and/or videos for marketing and future training purposes, my name or personal details will not be used unless a separate agreement has been signed by me.
- Provide information regarding my course results, attendance, performance and behaviour to my employer and/or the party funding my course if requested.
By enrolling in this course, I understand that:
- The purpose of collecting personal information is for PracMed NZ to comply with legal and registration requirements.
- PracMed NZ may be required to provide this information, my photo ID and training records in order to validate the currency of my training.
- Providing incorrect information to PracMed NZ may result in my enrolment not being processed and/or cancelled.
- I can request a copy of any information that PracMed NZ holds about me by contacting email@example.com
- I must abide by PracMed NZ Rules and Regulations and conduct myself in a professional and safe manner at all times.
- I understand that I can request a copy of the PracMed NZ Rules and Regulations from my trainer.
- I understand that serious breaches of these rules may result in my course enrolment being cancelled and my removal from the course, with no refund issued.
- Courses will start promptly. Any student who is late by more than 15 minutes will not be allowed entry and will be treated as a no show as per the PracMed NZ Fee Paying Policy.